Wednesday, June 15, 2016

13 Natural Remedies for Hives-How to Stop Hives From Itching Fast

How to Stop Itching From Hives

If you have ever broken out in hives you are already familiar with the unbearable itchiness, soreness, swelling, and constant scratching! Hives are one of the most miserable illnesses that I have ever dealt with in my whole life, and I am sure my family agrees because I become very grouchy.

I have been plagued with chronic hives for many years, and during this time I have tried lots of remedies to help stop the constant itching, swelling, and soreness. I am posting the things that I have found to actually be useful in hopes of helping anyone else that is suffering.

Of course, I have to say that what works for me may not work for you but if you are anything like me you will try just about anything. Go through the list and experiment to find what works for you.

For me, my go to relief was ice compresses and Vitamin C. But we are all different so if that doesn't work for you scan the list and try something else.

Since you are here you probably have hives right this very second, so we have talked long enough let's get down to business.



Here are my 13 natural remedies for hives:


Use A Cold Compress

This is not for those that have hives caused by cold but for all other causes this really helps.

 A cold compress is considered one of the best natural remedies for hives. Using ice will help shrink the blood vessels and block the release of histamine. This helps stop the swelling and itching. 

If you have a couple of zip lock bags handy fill one with ice, let the air out of the bag then seal and then place it inside of the second bag. 

No storage bags handy? Just place ice cubes in a dish towel twist all the ends together and rubber band to make a seal so that the ice doesn't fall out. It will leak after a while, so you may have to change towels every hour or so.

 Hold the ice on the affected area for ten minutes at a time. You can also take a lukewarm bath or shower as often as needed.



Vitamin C

Vitamin C has the ability to block the histamine that is being released into your body causing the hives in the first place. A thousand milligrams three time a day, (morning-noon-bedtime) will make a significant difference.



Colloidal Oatmeal

What is Colloidal Oatmeal? It is nothing more than Certified gluten-free oats ground extremely fine, but it works very well for hives. It helps to stop irritation, swelling itching, and it contains soothing properties that help bring relief quickly.

Start filling up your tub with lukewarm water, while the water is still running (so that it mixes) add two cups of baking soda, and two cups of colloidal oatmeal. If you do not have colloidal oatmeal use whatever you have on hand for now. Just grind it up in a bullet, or food processor, or even a coffee grinder will work. Try soaking in it for 20-30 minutes.



Try Making a Anti Itch Paste

Start with 3 tablespoons of baking soda, cornstarch, cream of tartar or diatomaceous earth and mix with just enough water to form a thick paste.

Apply paste to the affected area and let dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse by letting cool water run over the area.

Do not scrub with a rag, rub softly with your hand to remove any residue the running water didn't take off. Pat dry gently with a towel.



Fresh Aloe Vera Gel

Fresh Aloe is one of the best old school, natural remedies for hives. Simply slice off a piece and put the gel that comes out directly on the hives leave on for about 20-25 minutes. Rinse gently in cool water.



Ginger

Ginger is well known for it's healing abilities. Buy a piece of Ginger root and place it in the freezer for a bit. Cut off the peel and apply directly to the hives. The enzymes will immediately go to work on the swelling and itching.



Apple Cider Vinegar With Mother

This isn't the kind you pick up at the grocery store, but it can be found in health food stores. Make sure you buy the kind with mother because it has beneficial healing powers.

Take a half cup of Apple Cider and mix it with a 1/4 cup of water. Dip a cotton ball in the solution and apply to the affected area. This can be done often throughout the day.

Alternatively you may mix it in your lukewarm bathwater and soak in it for 20 minutes or so. Keep in mind that it does have a strong vinegar smell.

If you do not have Apple Cider Vinegar use regular white vinegar it works but many say that the Apple Cider Vinegar is stronger.



Witch Hazel, milk of magnesia, Calamine and Pepto-Bismol

You may use any of the three, whatever you have handy. All of these items will help to shrink blood vessels, and stop the itching. Just put some on a cotton ball and apply to the affected area. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse with cool water. Witch Hazel does not need to be rinsed.



Pineapple Compress

Sounds strange huh? Pineapples contain an enzyme called Bromelain which will help with the swelling. Place fresh or canned pineapples in a towel and apply directly to the hives.



Fish Oil

Fish Oil contains fatty acids that help with swelling, and is very good against hives. You will need to take 1,000 milligrams twice daily, alternatively you can eat fish like salmon, albacore tuna and bluefish for the same effect.



Turmeric

Turmeric is well known for it's anti inflammatory properties, and has been praised for treating many skin disorders including hives. Add a tsp of turmeric to a small cup of warm milk and drink twice daily until hives are gone. Use it to cook with as well for added benefits.



Tea

Green Tea and Catnip Tea (yes I said catnip) green tea is considered a soothing tea and catnip tea is considered to a calmative tea both help you to relax. Brew tea and add a little honey to help with the bitter flavor. Do it Yourself has a great post showing you complete directions for making catnip tea.



Cayenne Pepper Capsules

Histamines affect circulation in the body, this is what causes the skin to swell and cause hives.  Cayenne Pepper is known for boosting the circulatory system which will help make the hives disappear.


I really feel for anyone who is suffering from hives, as I know exactly what you are going through. During my course of research I was lucky enough to stumble upon a book that changed my life forever.

If you want to know how to stop hives for good, instead of just helping the symptoms you should read this book too. It focuses directly on repairing the immune system, which really is the root of your hives problem.























7 comments:

  1. I always have cold sores outbreaks when on my periods and they were very terrible, when I went for test the doctor said I had herpes virus. I just want to share a brief testimony of how Dr Godwin completely cured me from herpes virus with his natural medicine. It became a burden to me having outbreaks all time and it was so terrible to look upon while on mirror than going out with it so would rather lock up myself indoors all times of outbreak. I stumbled upon a testimony of someone this Herbal doctor has cured on the internet and took the doctor's email: drgodwin52@gmail.com or WhatsApp him (+2348158184060) to contact him. I'm completely whole today free from this virus and horrible outbreaks All thanks to Dr Godwin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to share my testimony on how Herbalist Dr sakura cure me from  scabies  I have been having scabies   SINCE  23th may 2019 and ever since I have been looking for a way to cure this disease , I tried so many ways to cure this illness all to be avail. few weeks ago I saw a lot of testimonies  on internet about how Herbalist Dr sakura herbs cured there illness, I also saw a young lady also gave her own testimony about this same Dr, I left with no hope I message Dr sakura telling him all my problem, he told me not to worry that my  scabies  will be cured , that he was going to send me a portion which I am going to take, and after which I took this herbs portion he sent to me, he told me to go back to the hospital for check up and after I have done that i should come and tell him the good news result, at first when I saw the message I was so shock and still did not believed I will be cured, well friend to make my story short I am  scabies  negative now after many time of sorrow, I am Negative, and my sickness are gone, I thank God for leading me to this man….you can email him on Dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or you can also call/WhatsApp  him +2348110114739 or visit his website https://drsakurahealthclinic.wixsite.com/website, he can be of help to you on any problem you are facing that you can not get cured from the hospital PLEASE CONTACT DOCTOR SAKURA AND TELL HIM I GAVE YOU HIS MAIL GOOD LUCK,   FOR MORE DETAILS YOU CAN MAIL ME as well isabellasmith2564@gmail.com    

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to share my testimony on how Herbalist Dr sakura cure me from  scabies  I have been having scabies   SINCE  23th may 2019 and ever since I have been looking for a way to cure this disease , I tried so many ways to cure this illness all to be avail. few weeks ago I saw a lot of testimonies  on internet about how Herbalist Dr sakura herbs cured there illness, I also saw a young lady also gave her own testimony about this same Dr, I left with no hope I message Dr sakura telling him all my problem, he told me not to worry that my  scabies  will be cured , that he was going to send me a portion which I am going to take, and after which I took this herbs portion he sent to me, he told me to go back to the hospital for check up and after I have done that i should come and tell him the good news result, at first when I saw the message I was so shock and still did not believed I will be cured, well friend to make my story short I am  scabies  negative now after many time of sorrow, I am Negative, and my sickness are gone, I thank God for leading me to this man….you can email him on Dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or you can also call/WhatsApp  him +2348110114739 or visit his website https://drsakurahealthclinic.wixsite.com/website, he can be of help to you on any problem you are facing that you can not get cured from the hospital PLEASE CONTACT DOCTOR SAKURA AND TELL HIM I GAVE YOU HIS MAIL GOOD LUCK,   FOR MORE DETAILS YOU CAN MAIL ME as well isabellasmith2564@gmail.com    

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I'm Richardandrew by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.samuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr.Samuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: drsamuel999@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348166600171

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m giving a testimony about Dr. Edidia the great Herbalist, he has the
    cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my  Herpes Infection, though I
    I went through different websites and I saw different testimonies about
    different herbalists. I was like: ‘Many people have
    the Herpes remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of
    it, then I decided to contact dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that
    much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed
    some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it
    (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery,
    he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I
    will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him
    and I went for a check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was
    tested for herpes negative, if you are a herpes patient or any disease patient at all. Do me
    a favour for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make
    sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that
    I referenced you.. contact him via: dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com You can also message him on whatsApp +2349074505296 you can also call him.my private email: kashiacox@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m giving a testimony about Dr. Edidia the great Herbalist, he has the
    cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my  Herpes Infection, though I
    I went through different websites and I saw different testimonies about
    different herbalists. I was like: ‘Many people have
    the Herpes remedy, So why are people still suffering from it?’ I thought of
    it, then I decided to contact dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com , I didn’t believe him that
    much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed
    some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it
    (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery,
    he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I
    will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him
    and I went for a check-up 1 week after finishing the medicine, I was
    tested for herpes negative, if you are a herpes patient or any disease patient at all. Do me
    a favour for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make
    sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that
    I referenced you.. contact him via: dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com You can also message him on whatsApp +2349074505296 you can also call him.my private email: kashiacox@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HERPES INFECTION CURE IS 100% AVAILABLE WITH THE HELP OF DR OGBERAESE HERBAL MEDICINE.Joy and happiness is all i can see around ever since i came in contact with this great man Called Dr Ogberaese. i complained bitterly to him about me having herpes only for him to tell me it’s a minor stuff. He told me he has cured thousands of people but i did not believe until he sent me the herbal medicine and i took it as instructed by this great man, only to go to the hospital after two weeks for another test and i was confirmed negative. For the first time in four years i was getting that result. i want to use this medium to thank this great man. His name is Dr Ogberaese , i came in with his email through a friend in USA called Edith Rose and ever since then my live has been full with laughter and great peace of mind. i urge you all with herpes or HSV1&2 to contact him if you are willing to give him a chance. you can contact him through his email drogberaese54@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073818653

    ReplyDelete