Thursday, September 16, 2010

What Do Hives Look Like?

People that have been affected by Urticaria say that their outbreaks are brought on suddenly, and are known to spread fast. What do hives look like? See a picture of hives here.

You may notice a few single reddish-pink welts, or they may join together to form what is known as plaques.  Hives can be localized to one area, or may actually affect the whole entire body.

Each individual lesion can vary in shape, and size. These unsightly bumps, or wheals  may even change form during an outbreak. A hive outbreak can continue for a few hours, days, or even years.

The most common symptoms of Urticaria include; swelling, itching, burning, stinging, as well as sore to the touch. Not everyone will experience the same hive symptoms.   

Urticaria is the medical term for hives. What triggers a hive outbreak? For most people the common cause for it's unwelcome appearance is of course, an allergen.

In some instances, urticaria is a sign of a more prominent problem like lupus, kidney disease, or other autoimmune disorders. Proper testing will be required in order to rule out these factors.

When you come in contact with a substance in which you are allergic to, or are sensitive to.. the result is hives.

After your body meets this matter that it is allergic to, histamines and other chemicals are released into the bloodstream. This causes the capillaries and veins to leak. This fluid then gets trapped in the skin, which is the cause of itching, and localized swelling, as seen with hives.

I know from first hand experience how difficult it is to live with urticaria, it seemed as if I was being tortured. I had numerous pricks test me, oops maybe I meant to say numerous prick test then again both statements are true.

In case you were unaware a prick test is where they poke you in the back with a needle to see if they can discover what you are allergic to. This is not only painful, its expensive as well.

After having many done without getting any closer to the cause I stopped going to my allergist completely. I simply could not afford these appointments especially without gaining any results.

That is when I began searching the internet for help, some how I knew I wasn't the only one in the world who had this problem..there had to be other people out there like me. Someone has to know how to put an end to this misery.

Chasing information on the web had good points and bad. For instance it was comforting to know other people did suffer from this same problem, and everyone had tons of great advice but the bad side of that was none of the things I tried were working for me.

Hopelessness was starting to sink into my chest, and that's when it happened..my next search led me right to my cure. This is a natural hive treatment that will work to stop urticaria dead in its tracks. You will be surprised that you didn't figure it out sooner.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment